This coming Wednesday the Postpartum Health Alliance is hosting the Annual Meet and Greet at Gordon Biersch in Mission Valley. The happy hour is an opportunity to find out about how to get involved with PHA, chat with current members and meet the 2015 executive board. (Spoiler: Yes, I’m on the board this year.)
As my grandpa used to say, “Food is very unimportant,” (usually while going for a fourth or fifth helping.) The PHA will host heavy appetizers and there will be drinks available for purchase. I’ve also found the company to be friendly, diverse and interesting.
The Postpartum Health Alliance is a San Diego non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness about postpartum emotional disorders and providing support and treatment referrals to women and their families who are struggling with them.
We are a volunteer driven group and help is ALWAYS needed. Here are some of the ways you can support:
- Give $1 or any amount you can. Donate here.
- Become a Warm-Line volunteer and provide help directly over the phone.
- Provide in-kind assistance, based on your talents or connections.
- Become a member of the PHA. Membership benefits include being listed in the online provider directory of therapists, women’s health care providers, and other support services.
- Join an interest group of individuals and agencies concerned about perinatal mental health care and policy.
Postpartum Health Alliance Meet and Greet Event details:
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4TH
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
5151 Mission Center Rd, San Diego, CA 92108
RSVP to email@example.com and invite colleagues and friends who may be interested in attending!
Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. We’ll share on the SD Mom’s Night Out FB page to help bring some awareness. It sounds like something all moms can support.
Thank you so much, Angela! Whether your followers are moms in need of support, or are wanting to give back to the community (or both!) PHA is a great organization.