Catch Abby in a free speaking engagement on March 3rd.
Abby is honored to speak to new moms in San Diego on Friday, March 3rd, at the Maiden to Mother group at Nature’s Whisper. Abby is an LCSW and psychotherapist specializing in maternal mental health, which includes postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety and adjustment to the new role. Years ago, she used to lead this group, which encourages new moms to find support, community and new identity.
The group has continued on robustly, but recently, the facilitator and studio director reached out to Abby. The new moms have LOTS of questions and they are hoping Abby can help ease their anxiety. Some of the things the mamas have asked include:
- I think my husband has postpartum, how can I bring it up and how do I know if he does?
- How can I just get over it?
- I don’t think it’s postpartum because I don’t want to hurt my baby.
- Am I going to need to take medication?
- Talking about my issues doesn’t solve the problem. It makes it worse. What help is there?
The support group and my talk is free. If this sounds like something that interests you, you can learn more about the event here. One of the very best ways to prevent postpartum depression and anxiety is to find a mama tribe. Abby talks with all of her clients about building a social support network. For new moms in San Diego, this is a great group to check out. Maiden to Mother meets every Friday, babies are welcome, and it is always free.